How to Break Free From the Flock Nov 9, 2017 gryphonleadershipgroupadmin 0 Comment Inspiration & Motivation, News, Uncategorized
Too many people are living inauthentic lives and are lost in the crowd. Particularly in today’s world where everywhere you turn is outside influence, it’s too easy to get swept up in the flock.
At Gryphon Leadership Group, we encourage individuality and celebrate the diversity of our team. It is the uniqueness of each individual that makes our team so talented, skilled and adaptable.
We love people who aren’t afraid to stand out and be exactly who they are. We appreciate those who challenge the norm, raise the bar and go after what they want.
Here are some tips on how to break free from the flock and say good-bye to being a sheep for good!
- Love yourself for who you are. The first step in separating from the flock is developing a strong sense of self. Knowing and loving yourself for exactly who and what you are is crucial for standing on your own two feet in this world.
- Stop worrying about what others think. What other people thinks has no relevance to what and who you are. If you want to be your own person, you have to stop letting the opinions of others hold so much stake in your life.
- Establish your values. Knowing your values is crucial in planting your feet on the ground. It’s easy to get our values confused with others when we’re surrounded by the flock. It’s important to stop and consciously think for yourself without any outside influence.
- Know what you want. Decide what you want out of life. What’s important to you? What are you not willing to live without?
- Show your true colors. When you have established who you are, what your values are, and what you want out of life, let your personality shine. Don’t hide behind a mask or try to fit into a certain mold.
- Find your voice. Finding your voice is one of the most challenging aspects of breaking out of the flock. It can be difficult to speak your mind and voice your opinion especially when it’s not a popular one.
- Set your goals. Set your long-term and short-term goals for your life. Your goals will help to keep you on track, keep your confidence up and re-affirm your values.
- Stand firm. When you have established your confidence, values, and needs… stand firm. You can always learn and adjust your views, but stand firm in your core values and stay true to who you are.
- Never stop evolving. Just because you know who you are, doesn’t mean you can’t continue to grow and change for the better. Being firm in your values does not mean being blind and stubborn.
- Don’t be afraid to stand out. So many people live their lives without ever really knowing who they are because they are too used to going with the grain. Stop and think for yourself. Form your own opinions. Be who you want to be. Don’t be afraid to be different.